- That each and every person is important.
- That all people should be treated fairly and kindly.
- That we should accept one another and keep on learning together.
- That each person must be free to search for what is true and right in life.
- That all persons should have a vote about the things that concern them.
- In working for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- In caring for our planet Earth, the home we share with all living things.
The living tradition we share draws from many sources:
- Direct experience with the great mystery of life.
- Words and deeds of prophetic people.
- Wisdom from the world’s religions.
- Jewish and Christian teachings.
- Humanist teachings.
- Spiritual teachings of Earth-centered traditions.