Our Mission & Vision
To inspire joy and justice in an imperfect world, we:
Share life’s journey,
Celebrate many paths, and
Act to make a difference.
The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Marin (UUCM) is a loving community of people of all ages, many backgrounds, and many beliefs. We create spirituality and community beyond boundaries, working for more justice and more love in our own lives and in the world.
Unitarian Universalism affirms and promotes our seven Principles, grounded in the six Sources of our living tradition. Our spirituality in unbounded, drawing from scripture and science, nature of philosophy, personal experience, and ancient traditions.
All persons, regardless of color, creed, religion, age, ability, gender identity, or sexual orientation are welcome here!
We strive to become better stewards of this planet we share with all other life, and we acknowledge that we are but one part in the web of existence.
Whether it be in this community or in the larger world, we endeavor to stay on the side of love.
Our Vision Statement
DRAFT, March 2020
UUCM’s Mission is to inspire joy and justice in an imperfect world, we: Share life’s journey, Celebrate many paths, and Act to make a difference. In order to carry out this mission, we commit ourselves to the following statement of vision:
Share Life’s Journey
• We offer an enriching array of religious exploration and growth programs for people of all ages.
• We seek multiple ways for members to connect to small group/community support that are connected to the larger UUCM community and mission.
• We engage in joyful and loving interaction and activity.
• We work to empower all members or all ages to develop their own spiritual practices and voice.
• We recognize the importance of generosity as a spiritual practice, and support the work of our congregation with our time and financial resources.
Celebrate Many Paths
• We seek opportunities for creative worship that embraces a variety of styles, backgrounds, and cultures.
• We share the heritage of our liberal faith.
• We offer meaningful celebrations of life events and transitions.
Acting to Make a Difference
• We welcome all to join us in our work to better live our principles to become an organization seeking greater social justice in our own organization and in the wider world. We encourage a culture of awareness of privilege and systems of oppression.
• We are training ground for practicing citizenship with integrity.
Organization and Management Consistent with Our Principles
• We strive to be a well-run organization with clear organization, a shared commitment to serving our mission and principles, and a well-trained professional staff that is matched to our operational needs.
• We strive for healthy relationships and conflict resolution. We have a Healthy Congregations Committee to help in this effort.
• We are good stewards of our financial resources. We seek to model our principles through the use of our land as well as our building.